E-ISSN 2688-9641 | ISSN 2688-9633
Peer Review Policy
Once a manuscript meets the JOCS submission and formatting requirements it is ready to begin peer review. The peer review process is overseen by the publication’s editorial board (the Editor-in-Chief and Editors), supported by JOCS peer review staff. For a detailed description of the obligations of Authors, Editors, and Reviewers in the peer review process, click here for more information.
The Peer Review Process
The following is a general outline of the peer review process.
- The Editor-in-Chief assesses each new submission to determine if the manuscript meets JOCS standards and if it is within the scope of the journal topic areas. The Editor-in-Chief can make a decision of “reject” at this point. For submissions that the Editor-in-Chief determines should undergo review, she or he assigns the manuscript to an Editor who will handle the peer review process and make decisions. When the Editor assignment is made, the corresponding author is sent an email identifying the assigned Editor. During peer review, correspondence from the assigned Editor or peer review staff and any automated reminders or notices concerning the manuscript will be emailed to the corresponding author. Corresponding authors should keep their email contact information in the JOCS eJManager submission tracking system up to date.
- The assigned Editor invites potential Reviewers for the manuscript. At least two (2) Reviewers are required for each manuscript. Reviewers are asked to return their completed reviews within 3-4 weeks. Editors and peer review staff remind Reviewers of deadlines. Using the reviews and recommendations provided by the Reviewers, the Editor makes one of five decisions: Publishable without revision (No Revision), Publishable after a few revision (Minor Revision), Publishable only after applying corrections, HUGE Revision must be done (Major revision), or REJECT.
- When the assigned Editor has reached a decision, the corresponding author is emailed a decision letter. If the Editor requests a revision, the corresponding author should upload that revised version to the Editorial Manager, editing the existing submission. Authors should upload their revised manuscript and point-by-point responses to reviewers within 30 days of the revision decision. Authors may request an extension of this deadline from the Editor before the revision date lapses. Papers where a revision has not been uploaded by the deadline and where no extension has been requested may be considered “withdrawn” at the discretion of the Editor.
- When the corresponding author submits a revision the Production staff complete a check to ensure the revision adheres to all requirements and is ready to go into production if accepted. The revision is then assigned back to the Editor who made the initial decision.
- The main author will be sent invoice for Article Processing Charge (APC) as identified on author submission page http://www.ejmanager.com/my/jocs/
- The decision date for a submission is the date the assigned Editor enters the decision into the JOCS Editorial Manager tracking system.
- If you find any difficulty in the online submission process, please feel free to email the Editorial Office at JOCS.firstname.lastname@example.org